Thursday, August 30, 2012

Clint Eastwood Speaks, America Listens


Even though I am a registered Republican, I didn't feel there was a real reason to watch the Republican National Convention since Romney's nomination would be a fait accompli.

I finally decided to watch some only because I knew Clint Eastwood would be speaking.  I respect Mr. Eastwood for is acting and directing abilities but I wasn't sure an eighty-two year old actor would do well under the strain of such an event.
    
As I watched his performance I thought it kind of lame and at times thought he was losing his train of thought.  There were however two seminal moments during his oration in which he was spot on.

He declared that President Obama should not be reelected because he wasn't getting the job done and he stated, "See, I never thought it was a good idea for attorneys to be president anyway..."

I wholeheartedly concur with both of these sentiments.  I now admit, it was a constructive activity to listen to Mr. Eastwood's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment